1） 表示顺接：…and…;both…and…;not only…,but…as well/but also…
I am a teacher and I like English.
I a teacher English.
I am lying in bed and I am reading a book.
I am in bed a book.
I want to leave and I want to go abroad.
I want abroad.
1. You can stay at home go out to play. It doesn’t matter.
A.either,or B.neither,nor C.both,and D.not only,but also
2. We bought her a birthday present,_ she likes it very much.
A.so B.or C.and D.but
3. _ you _ he is able to ski,but I am.
A.both,and B.either,or C.neither,nor D.between,and
4. The doctor tried their best to save the patient’s life,_failed.
A.or B.so C.but D.because
5. I could speak _ Japanese _ Chinese,so I had to talk with him in English.
A.not only,but also B.both,and C.neither,norD.either,or
6. I like pop music,but _ my father _ my mother likes it.
A.both,and B.either,or C.neither,nor D.not only,but also
7. Tom,keep away from the fire, you will get burnt.
A.and B.so C.or D.but
8. I thought we’d be late for the concert,__ we ended up getting there ahead of time.
A.but B.or C.so D.for